Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Rest

I'm waiting for the Benadryl to kick in so I can get some sleep. I head home tomorrow.

So much to digest, for this has been my first trip back in three years. I reconnected with sisters, an effort I began with birthdays cards to each. Under cover of night, I took a piss in the backyard of my childhood home. I visited my brother's grave with my mother. People have gotten older, and the older have become more frail. I have seen a glimpse of what my next ten years of life will involve.

The wife will be waiting for me at the airport. We have talked every day so that is out of the way, more or less. Chores await, as do three writing assignments. Life will return to normal, at least that is my hope. A pipe dream, really, for I don't suppose "out of sight and out of mind" is going to be possible any longer.

There will be pictures, I promise. And probably more than you care to know. It runs in the family.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh -- I like a good teaser. Can't wait for this trip report, complete with pictures!

    ReplyDelete