Sunday, July 8, 2012

Details to attend

Mom looking at family photo album. 
The picture in the lower left is her in college.

 "Do you remember where you were a week ago today?" the wife asked. We were eating a latish dinner in front of the tube, something routine for us.

"Walking around my hometown. And it wasn't too much later than what it is now when I took that piss I told you about."

"Where was your sister while this was going on?"

"About twenty feet away, hiding in the shadows."

"People were home?"

"Yep."

Turns out another sister used to work with the current owner. Small town, even though it has a population four times larger than when I lived there thirty-five years ago.

But that's all behind me now... at least for now, for I imagine there will be other funerals and the church lunches afterward that I'll feel obligated to attend.

Speaking of obligations, I'm in the middle of several, some involving promises made to kin last week, some to pay bills, and others simply known as "chores," all of which have kept me from posting.

I believe I owe you, at the very least, a photo dump.

Dunno.

The uncle who is still living.

Luncheon

Sister's house

Bank-owned development

I slept in the Princess Room.

What close to crop failure looks like.

What ostentation looks like.

2 comments:

  1. i saw a few of these on Basefook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Mojo. But now that I think about it, the ones I chose not to post there are of people and things those people might be more interested in, esp. family members. Ha!

    ReplyDelete