Monday, July 16, 2012

Notice

Another essay under the belt. Just a bit of playful pontification that may or may not hackle. I'd prefer cackle and then a bit of head-nodding. I'll link when it's up.

The writing, and now a persistent sinus thingy have pretty much kept me in the dungeon. Otherwise, I'd attempt something entertaining here. I do have a photo.


Although there is potential for this new series, a few problems persist. Where color is concerned, the camera seems to prefer the flora over the plastic. Likewise, the surface of the flags makes the contrast untenable. And while conceptually the stark differences might be suggestive, I would prefer an overall softness... or maybe blending. I would try shooting in a softer light except I already have done so with similar results.

Speaking of light, I have made a special note to not leave the flags outside. Four days of indirect sun still begins to bleach out the red ones. 

I have what I believe to be some good ideas for this work, especially when I move into the woods and fields, so I'll keep trying to figure out what I need to adjust.

And speaking of the dungeon, you will have to pardon me, for I've become acutely aware of the build-up of paper: notes, receipts, magazine, flyers and postcards that really should be cleaned up, put away or tossed before I do anything else... or rather, before the wife makes her way down here. She's due shortly.








No comments:

Post a Comment