Friday, July 13, 2012

I'll take it

Geez, I hope I don't jinx this.

First off, let me say that I'm getting nowhere playing the higher limits in O8.  It's a nit fest and I don't have the patience right now. Oh, I could go on at length about what I'm doing right and wrong, but frankly, you guys already know this shit inside and out, so why bother?

What you don't know is that my exhibit in Salem, MA has been 86ed. I rather expected this as the guy who wanted to show my work has been doing other things besides finding a new space for his venture. We finally talked about it yesterday, and I'm okay with it because I don't need to go off half-cocked at my age. If I am going to have an exhibit, it has to be done right.

Not that this guy is a... what's the phrase that dame uses... Douche bunt? No, he's a muckety-muck, which means he prioritizes based on what he thinks is more productive for all concerned, including himself... and me.

He's making it right.

First thing he said was that he knows the local art museum curator is interested in my work, so he's going to pitch the show to him. It's already in the mail on a CD.

We'll see. And in that it's a bit of a long shot, it's better to move on to the best part.

This same guy wrote me this evening to ask if I still had a video piece I did in 2000. He's curating a show and wants to use it. He mentioned two other artists who have confirmed participation: this painter and this photographer.

Now, I've known this guy for a long time. Long enough to know that he owns a couple pieces of work by the latter artist. And, if he owns something by the former, well then, I'm fucking impressed. Still, there's a bit of a taint that I'll have to ask about, for if he is just showing work he owns, well then again, it just ain't as special as it could be, regardless of the esteem in which I hold the Japanese guy.  Could be I'll be riding the coattails of a dissolution of part of a private collection.

Still, what isn't smoke and mirrors?

And still, who the fuck wouldn't want to be shown alongside these two GIANTS?

We'll see.




3 comments:

  1. Hmmm ... there was some very interesting stuff on Araki's website. Unfortunately, the Japanese was Greek to me!

    Sounds like things might still work out okay for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping... Sent out the video today. I'd show you guys but it contains nudity. LOL Really. It does. A lot.

    ReplyDelete