Monday, February 25, 2013

In an effort

I could sleep more, I could on this overcast day, while at the same time I haven't given that first cup of coffee the time and therefore credit it might be due.

The nights have been rather extended as of late, for as the big day draws near (well, more than two weeks away and in the scheme of things more anticipated than career-making) I find other duties and desires have not taken the back seat I had planned and hoped for, so I press on with leaky faucets and P-traps, truck maintenance, and pulling off drives on sunnier days to continue with my flag series of photographs. Add to that an essay that was slow in coming because of a lack of will to wallow through the obvious to get to more subtle insights.

But today may offer some respite, and with it a nap. The wife has said she is fine without a fire until sunset, and since the heat for the dungeon is separate, so am I. I suppose I could clean the studio, organize my hard drives, start the book suggested to me or finally prune those fruit trees, supposing implying as it does. I will, however, make an effort to release another frog from the window well before it reminds me again in the dark and therefore too late in the day.

Ah, but yesterday the sun shone!



I have but a very few things left to do for the exhibit.

The essay is with the editor. Ken, you are referenced but not credited. It is for the better, no? Yet, I'll thank you here, again.

I have an appointment to inspect the alignment on the rig this Thursday and at an hour that is manageable.

The plumber should be here at any minute to refine his work.

This is the coffee kicking in.

3 comments:

  1. Understandable. The past confirms that I get credit in negative situation far more quickly. :)

    And, fame expectations have gone from 15 minutes to 15 milliseconds. You might as well trample my dreams too. ;)-

    What with short term memory the fist loss, I won't embarrass myself further in wondering how I was either nice or helpful. Must have been an off day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you've told us before, but I don't remember - what are the flags? Are they Buddhist prayer flags?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ken, as long as your wit is the last faculty to leave you... The essay is about landscape photography. I've included the link to the software you told me about last week. It fits, or so I think. The editor still has to weigh in.

    Mojo, they are locator flags used by utility companies to mark various lines. Farmers use them as well but they seem to not care what the colors signify and use them just to mark areas. I also use them to "mark" but more as references to color theory and, of course, to make the scenes captured my own.

    ReplyDelete