Sunday, February 3, 2013

Excuse me

Hello?

Oh, are you watching the Super Bowl? Well, I have a quick question. Have a minute?

No, I didn't, but I thought about it.

I ain't. And if 36 is sitting at a table somewhere right now, I hope he's taking my advice and not watching either. Mind the chips, sir.

Not meaning to seem smug. Just don't much care for the game. Sumo and high school wrestling, yes, and somewhat happy that finding it to watch is a chore, so I don't. Not anymore, anyway.

Very similar to the '85 Bears. That would be the last time.

I did go to a Super Bowl party once after that. Maybe 2002. Put money on squares and won the final score, the big one, like $210 bucks or around there. Can't really remember as I was drinking hard downstairs where the entertainment was not masculine. Didn't see a single moment of the game and took some joy in that. However, not smugly so, I don't think. Like I said...

Gave half of it to a young woman who had been hoping to win in order to help pay her rent. Never got her name. See? Soft touch.

Did try calling my Mom at her sister's. No answer, my aunt's boys being who they are on this day. Even I know the rules and a bad call when I see one.

So, I just thought I'd stop by. Food looks good. We're having nachos, but much later.

Ah, the '85 Bears....




7 comments:

  1. Smart ass.

    The birds are eating the miners lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just that I feel so lonely. And why I always read the sports page before going to certain job interviews.

    If it's any consolation, I am watching paint dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have an exhibit scheduled?

      Delete
    2. Middle of March. Don't want to get ahead of myself with posting, though.

      Delete
  3. Sorry. Almost forgot the flue and duck work that was trying to burn you out. Repairs done?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, repaired but exhaust fan is now dicey as is the rheostat for the auger, or the thermostat. Not sure. Fire extinguisher powder apparently is hell on electronics.

      But hey, thanks for keeping me company!

      Delete
  4. Ahhh ... da '85 Bears ...

    Played at Harrah's during the Super Bowl. No promos there, unfortunately. Really didn't pay much attention to the football game.

    ReplyDelete