Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Telling

Up early this morning. Remaining hard to sleep normal hours, meaning that if I go to bed before one o'clock I'm up by six. If in bed by eleven, two or three. Then the naps, which may be the culprits but are nonetheless needed, unstoppable. All part of healing, I suppose.

But I didn't come here to tell you about that. No. Even though I do find the quiet time just before dawn just as nice as wee-er hours waiting to nod off.

Remember that flue fire? As the repair/sweep guy was fixing things he mentioned the exhaust fan seemed to be sticking a bit. A gentle nudge set it free. This morning, quite the racket. Another call and expense.

Fortunately, the weather is back to its temperate norm, along with the steady rain.

It was the rain that had me thinking as I walked the dog. The pond is full as is the ground. Puddles all. No seesayer, I still expect the Midwest and Prairie States to remain dry in the coming year. And while I imagine all of this water we have serves a purpose as it makes it way out to sea, were there a way, I would gladly share.

The livestock would be grateful, as would their stewards for lower grain prices.

The dog splashes through some soggy low spot and I move on to commodities and ETFs. I have my eye on a couple water portfolios.

There have been clues all along these last four years, no?

See? This is where you step in and make associations.

Intermission:


Not so much these days, which is good. Again, the fours years play into it. Little lessons such as fewer NL and PL hands where emotions run high. Both mine and those of others. A little 8-Game where I am reminded of players of all sort, some friends. A chance to stack has less and less importance.

I will tell you that when the phone rang so early last week and the message left had the adrenalin flowing, Thumper found it difficult to maintain a steady stroke. It passed fairly quickly but still it had me wondering and scheming. Hence, again, the period-like projectiles. Punta, the sounds I imagine a muffled impact might make. Over in a flash, lessening the time of stress.

One can hope.

180° Or so it would seem.

I neglected to mention — or I have forgotten I have already and am to lazy to look back to know for sure — there is another essay. This will be it for a while, or so I think, for I was reminded that such a pace, two in short order, is something I should still avoid. As I attempt to create the link I find the site very slow this morning. I'll take that as another sign to do the same.






3 comments:

  1. Do you take the photos that accompany your essays?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, but rarely and usually only if photos aren't available from an artist or gallery website. I prefer to leave it to the people who get paid to do so.

    ReplyDelete