Thursday, June 28, 2012

Real country.

104°F today. It's got to be 90° now at 2310hrs. No wind. And I'm sitting on my Mom's deck writing this instead of in the living room watching the tube with my aunt. I'm on my 3rd Corona, still trying to adjust to the two-hour time difference. And I'll tell you, Thumper's none too pleased either. Keeps threatening to override the ninja mind tricks.

I have a story.

I have a step-cousin who I will see this weekend. She's a piece of work. Well, she's almost finished writing a tell-all, and when I heard this news from my aunt, T skipped one, just for effect. Not that anything happened between us, but we were kids once, very young, she younger than I but both of an age where certain things begin to be noticed. Hers were more noticeable than her peers, which, she already recognized, brought her a lot of attention. And to insure that attention remained, she made sure that everyone of the opposite gender thought they might have a peak... or more. Um, I wanted a peak, for sure. Heck, we weren't even really related, so why not?

It would have been my first glimpse of that nature, but you will notice from the choice of verb tense it was not to be. It could have been, yes, if what she had wanted in exchange could have been fulfilled, and that was to receive a kiss from her step-brother. The one my age... not the one 14 years our senior.

Yeah. The older one. The one she eventually married after her first husband (a hunchback) died. Seems, or so I'm told, the diddling never faded.

Anyway, now he's dead and dating another guy. When an uncle of mine was asked about this new feller, the only response was, "He's nearly blind." It made perfect comedic sense.

Oh, there's more. A lot more. Institutionalized son. Another who is a psychopath with a sex change.

I'll be buying that book.

5 comments:

  1. You are starting to sound like the sane one.

    Hooda thunk it?

    :)-

    I too am/was in the heat you speak of -- 104 and heat index 122. I have a weather station in the yard so that info is up close and personal. (KINPORTA5 on weatherunderground.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. More that it begins to explain some things about yours truly, eh? I've only been here two days. The fun and stories have just begun.

    The weather seems a little more manageable today, but sheesh, Ken, a HI of 122? Lordy. The wife tells me we didn't break 80 yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday was weird here -- compliments of a thunderstorm pattern. It was the old wait five minutes. Turned on the air early as the 80's happened by 8 AM. In the low 70's a short time later. Turned the air off. Heated up again later with deadly humidity. When heavy thunderstorms predicted, turned it back on so I wouldn't have to close windows in the middle of the night.

    That beats my remembrance of heat in 1953. There we went to the basement and lay in our underwear on the cement to survive.

    BTW, You will be assimilated.
    http://www.i-programmer.info/news/105-artificial-intelligence/4408-learning-oriental-ink-painting.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the book will be a best seller. Who knows what we might learn about you from it? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. 36 - Maybe I'll sue for not being mentioned. I'm sure others — a lot of them — are lining up for the other reason.

    ReplyDelete