Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A little poker music

The review is up. I made mention, and what do you know? Presto! Rather like the moment I start bitchin' about not getting any cards and quad Aces appear. Minimally paid, but better than getting the pair cracked, that's for sure.

Now, to get them again...

In fact, I did. Twice in one game. And that pair thing doesn't much apply since it was in O-8. Instead, no scoop either time.

I told myself that I would make believe time is money with the funny bank roll, managing it, playing like it mattered, building, building, building until I had a sufficient ten percent to risk in any one session. And so, for the most part, I have done just that, allowing for occasional vagaries such as playing with or like drunks.



I am very near my goal that will allow me to test the waters at the next level. So close... so I dipped a toe.

I had heard from a source, exactly whom now forgotten, that the upper levels were in some ways easier, the skill level less an issue than one would imagine. Still, I can be cautious when need be, and since this game of poker engages my sense of pride along with my paranoid tendencies, once through the swinging doors, I do not amble up to the bar, no beeline, no sir, without having a look about, see who's packing, if I recognize a face or smell... A regular Tex Ritter, for although it's only make believe, that doesn't mean that it cannot be made to sound important.

Anyway, the play is somewhat better some of the time, yet enough of the time that I have not made headway in the few sessions I have sat. In 300 hands or so, I believe I am down ten BBs. Yeah, I know, nothing to complain about there.

Yet, here's a complaint: Legalize this shit, will ya? I do miss the Real Deal.

My bro-in-laws played a couple WSOP events. No word as to how they did, so I suppose I can guess. Still, I should make the effort to indulge tales of bust-out hands, at least from the one who I know plays the game well and has no inclination to spin tales.

And yes, good thoughts go out to those of you who are or soon will be there making a mark.




No comments:

Post a Comment