Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Drawing non-conclusions

I could vent some more. I could.

The rainbow and shadow artist just landed another grant. Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Clever girl.

I am aware of the gap in posts of late. Thing is, it's very hard to explain what it is that keeps me away, and that's because words pretty much fail me these days. It happens, and I may have mentioned in the past how it is that this happens, or rather, what takes its place when it does. Oh, I'm good for a snippet here and there, which I've also shared a while back, which is mostly as titles. Titles for drawings.














A couple of you have no doubt seen these elsewhere. And to be truthful, I have avoided putting them here because of that darn image recognition software that is available. Not that I don't want them seen; it's just that I still hold onto the silly notion that I want this space to be free of prying eyes. Of course, that's already a desire that has been compromised. I didn't make myself clear to some when I should have. But then again, the attention seems to have waned, so we're back to cozy. Therefore, I am inclined. For those of you who are already privy, I apologize for the duplication, except you now have the advantage of seeing several of them in one place. For those out of that outside loop, I kinda feel like I owe it to you.

It may be too much at once. Add to that Blogger has managed to upload them out of order and I am too lazy to make a second attempt. I would invite you to take some time with each one, click on it to enlarge so you can see the titles. Also, think about what I wrote above, that words fail me right now. After all, that's what these pieces are about, whether it is caused by existential confusion or the frustration in the 'wordlessness' that is Nature.

1 comment:

  1. You want your blog to free of prying eyes?

    These are stunning - never saw them before. Gorgeous.

    Stop with the conceptual and just paint - in the end, everyone likes and remembers beautiful. Art was never for thinking, just for uplifting.

    Forget the existential confusion, just paint.

    ReplyDelete