Thursday, December 29, 2011

Glimmer

Or glimpse. Not really certain, which after all makes sense. Light coming in is about all I can say at this point. Folks acting on my behalf is hope enough, and should something move forward, well then, dear friends, I shall speak of that which I did not jinx with early speculations. Not that I'm that superstitious. It's really more sabotage of my motivation and that "eggs in one basket" thing. I have several other applications that require my attention, some within the next week. Still, the word is out: I'm looking elsewhere, so now is the time to show me some love. (OK, glimmer.)

Raise your hand if you think the holidays are traumatic. I have an uncle in the hospital undergoing dialysis and heart surgery. Guess when he was admitted. Yep. The wife's good friend is a mess for more reasons than her main squeeze was rushed that same day and now has four new arteries feeding his heart. The phone.... the phone. Seems we missed a bullet ourselves on the same day when Thumper decided to remind me that I needed to sleep more than go to the young farmers' place and catch one helluva cold that cancelled our dinner plans tomorrow with other attendees. I slept and everything is pretty much back to the usual. Other than that, Santa was cool.

And now the New Year is upon us. I will be attending the annual New Year's Day poker gathering at our old home game host's house. Cash at 1300 hrs, eats at 1500 and then a tourney. If memory serves, I took the tourney down last time.

Otherwise, poker is poker. Play money O-8, albeit hilly at times, remains a walk in the park. The same for the 8 Game. Should events in paragraph one come to fruition, I may have the luxury of playing one of these games live someday.

Some day... But I shouldn't even be playing online right now. So much to do in the next week...

Wish me glimmer.

Same to you.

1 comment:

  1. I thought Thumper was behaving.
    Anyway, maximum glimmers to you

    ReplyDelete