Friday, September 6, 2013

Not that it means anything

I found out this week that some of my art has been published in a book. While available at the linked site, I have not bothered much with the particulars of the publisher, leaving it sufficient that I am familiar with the editors of the anthology. Yet, I was not surprised that copies of the book were not freely forthcoming to those included within its pages and ordered a couple copies, one to peruse and the other to tuck away.

In preparing for this announcement to you folks, I went to the above site to get the link. It was then I discovered the price has dropped from the list to about four bucks less, this in its first week. Sure, I could have saved a few dollars but that's not the rub.

And there is a second volume in the works.

4 comments:

  1. I think Amazon offers price protection. I'd ask; if for no other reason, to clip the penurious, ancestry-limited gentlemen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For my part, Ken, I rather miss the days of gatekeepers. Not that I'd stand the same chance of admittance, but, having received my purchase, to insure a certain level of quality.

      I hope you're doing better these days, as in less spinning? But at least your wit is intact.

      Delete
    2. The printing quality is beyond suspect? Bummer. If you are going to be ripped off it should be with a modicum of class.

      You have 30 days to return. It is painless and costless. You can always reorder or maybe republish it with a mimeograph to at least provide a nostalgic medium.

      When I looked at the stark cover, I wondered about it.

      Delete
  2. About what? The fact I was published, the price reduction, a second volume, the poor quality of the publication or that Ken used the word "penurious?"

    ReplyDelete