Saturday, September 28, 2013

A mighty wind

First off, the dog is better. Not completely, and maybe never 100% again, as if a 14 y/o dog can be. Still, thanks for the kind thoughts.

We've got some wind and rain. I'm thinking it's much too early but what do I know? Maybe it's merely a yin and yang thing with the weather coming in to the east side of the country. Cooler and wetter over the last five or six years is all I'm saying. Early tomatoes were split and they stayed that way throughout the season.

Accordingly, the buzzards started doing their circle and file off south a couple days ago, before this thing hit. Geese and cranes have been in route for over a week. In that the gusts are coming from down that way, everything else gearing up will have to hold tight for a couple days, so says the red lettering on the weather sites.

We lost power earlier today and I would imagine it'll happen again before this is all over. Estimated time of a return of service was 2.5 hours. Pretty good, I think, and well before dark. The wife thought the assurances optimistic, so I brought in a bucket of wood. Not that we need it quite yet, but a light overhead does make things seem warmer. I figured I'd wait it out on the couch with my eyes shut, the return of power to wake me up. "I give it an hour." I said.

Sixty-five minutes later but I said nothing.

Some things just ain't worth mentioning, especially when it's guess work, and even less so when you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

There, I said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment