Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Back

Five days in the big city doing big city things in a small town guy way, mostly hanging by myself or a bit of the one-on-one and rather fulfilling conversations, and when in urban mode, a few of the hit-and-runs, not much more than an hello with the other looking about to see who else there is to talk to. It's okay, this latter interaction, the glow of the former lingering.

Yes, I wrote. Quite a bit and not so much, meaning that deadlines demanded that I spend as much time as possible at the 'puter but a few hundred words shorter than the usual, and the quality just as suspect as those latter engagements mentioned above. I covered myself by making it rather clear I did not particularly like either assigned exhibit. Yet, I did have a bit of fun with one, whether at its expense, I'm not certain.

There was more good and bad to be had as well. I saw a dance performance that blew me away, so much so that I insisted a friend attend the next night's performance with me just so I could watch her be similarly left in awe. And the bad? A building façade that I consider a landmark (in my own mind) had been altered with a mural of a face. Disfigured, really, the thing is.

So, now I have another essay to write.

I could get used to having an opinion.

Of course, a fair amount of scotch was thrown in the mix as well. Not while writing, of course. (Note-taking, yes.) I have a perch I like to take when weather permits, and there I sat in the wee hours. Or, when due for a bit of the 'baccy, in my rig, the view not much save for the homeless woman who seemed to have a monitoring type of relationship with the solar-powered trash can/compacter on the street corner.

And not surprisingly, I've been sleeping a lot since coming home.

Scroll through this for my articles and a flavor of this fest. I saw some of the other pieces reviewed.

Let me see if I have any photos to share... Nope.

3 comments: