Saturday, March 2, 2013

&

Minutiae today includes a good bill of health for the truck, the front end not out of whack like I thought, or so I was told, both yes it is and no, it isn't. The latter came with a bit of a scowl, which I may write off as what comes with warranty work though my predisposition is that I will be visiting again soon with additional yet similar concerns.

The art is back from the framers. My oh my! One photo in particular stands out, an opinion shared by myself, the framer with seventeen years of experience, and perhaps most notably, the wife. Curiously, this list is in ascending order of critical eye and descending in art snobbery. Additionally, the drawings have a acquired a level of seriousness that was not evident on their own without their grouping into five to a frame.


Were OSHA to have domain over the naturally occurring our pond would be found in violation of a safe level of decibels due to the frogs. Neither the wife or I can remember a year when the numbers are as high as this. No doubt due to our practice of keeping the water levels high enough for the complete metamorphosis of the polywogs and to give the ducks a place to mate, we have also noticed that the latter are remaining scarce this year, perhaps due to the cacophony.

I would also like to take a moment to thank those who so very graciously bother to leave comments. Your graciousness is noted for I also recognize that very little here is particularly noteworthy, something the bots that outnumber readers by a factor of ten do not consider.

3 comments:

  1. We have bull frogs or, I should say, had bull frogs. This part of the country is losing it frog population. Nobody really has a handle on why. Everything is conjecture. Pesticides? Global warming? A new fungus? All get thrown out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken, bull frogs are considered an invasive species out here. Thankfully, we don't have any as I'm sure they'd do away with out little tree frogs. Maybe the good people of Oregon would send our unwanteds your way. As for what's causing your decline of frogs, I'd be inclined toward the pesticides. Remember what DDT did to birds? The food chain is perhaps messed up in the same way. Of course, it's just a guess, if an inconvenient one at that.

    MOJO, there you go being gracious again!

    ReplyDelete