Tuesday, August 6, 2013

On the road

I thought about fishing. I wished to go but just enough that if the guy called and said "Let's go," I would abide. He didn't. I cannot recall much of what I did instead except run a few errands, eat, nap and make vague stabs at resolves. Then early to bed. That was Sunday.

I needed to be well-rested for Monday. An old college friend, up from the Tahoe area, was going to be skiing on Mt. Hood. It was 1982 since we last laid eyes. Two hours to get there, two more to visit. I could have extended the time it took to pull into my drive had I chased a couple grass field fires a few miles to my east but needed a nap.

Headed to the mountain I saw something I did want to photograph on my way home. I needed no encouragement or accompaniment.


Depending on your eyesight, you might have to click on the image to get the chuckle.

And now I have to back up.

I left home with time to spare, mostly so I could stop if I saw things like the above, and should the spirit move me, take some up-close-and-personals of that big mountain. I was a good hour early for our lunch, and with my friend still up on the slopes, I had plenty of time to contemplate the composition of this one.


1 comment:


  1. Algeria
    Belarus
    Bulgaria
    Burundi
    Hungary
    Iran
    Italy
    Lebanon
    Madagascar
    Maldives
    Mexico - with other color symbol
    Oman
    Wales - (Country of the United Kingdom)

    ReplyDelete