Sunday, August 11, 2013

Making the most of lazy hazy

There are some photos on my phone I think I should show you, but the cable is upstairs in the bedroom and I am of sufficient sloth to not make that trek unless I need to for other reasons such as getting outdoor clothes on my body. But then it will be too late, even if I was to remember to grab the chord, as I will already be thinking about those things needed doing elsewhere. Those priorities.

I would say that much is getting done around the 'stead these last few days, my intention if not for overdoing it a bit one day last week and thus reminding myself again that 100% is not yet within my reach, even if the new 100% is 75%. Judging from the amount of sleep, I may be at 40%.

But you didn't come here to read about my issues. And I am reminded that there are other who have it much worse, a future uncertain, or, unfortunately, more certain.

It was within a point of exhaustion that I ran errands Friday. The list had grown since leaving home and encroached upon my own plans for the rest of the day. Add to that an email telling me that multiple fires would be set at about the same time I would be winding my way home. Sleepy and without a cooler for perishables,  I had no choice but to keep moving. Until I just had to stop.


I had passed this field of bales several times in the last week and thought to stop each time, or when the light was right, except that I am not in the business of photographing bales no matter how picturesque. And believe me, I have passed up some nice shots of long shadows in the pink light of a sunset. But here it was, just how it should be.

Then I went home, took a nap, went to play poker and more than doubled my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment