Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Rodeo II

I've ordered a battery charger for my Canon Rebel. You'd think they could standardize the chargers and batteries so I could use the one from my other Canon. You'd think.

Anyway, I figured I had about half a charge left on my battery and I'd use the thing until I got the low battery warning, shut it off and save that last little bit of charge for the uploading. The plan worked fine. I now only wish I had a faster lens for my camera. Last time I checked, the one I want is around $1500. Wish in one hand...

Still, I managed a couple decent shots I can share from the second night of the rodeo.









2 comments:

  1. Very nice. However, I wouldn't be thinking of investing in a faster lens, because the DSLR is on the way out for sure. My Lumix FZ200 goes from 28 to 600 and the aperture can remain at 2.8 throughout - shit that's fast, but you have to shoot in RAW for decent quality in the higher ISOs. Now the new Lumix FZ1000 has a 1 inch sensor, 25 - 400 f2.8 - 4 and it gets good quality at 6400ISO if you shoot RAW. Have one on order, but the demand is so high there's a shortage - those who have it are charging a lot more than the list price.

    So how long before a camera comes out with a full frame sensor, a fixed 24-400 2.8 lens? In one year tops. Nikon & Canon better wake up or their days are numbered.

    ReplyDelete