Monday, September 29, 2014

The week that was

I've been back for a few days now. More than a few, but no matter.

One pays for these trips both coming and going. I knew —and made mention— I was coming home to errands and chores left undone, and I'm happy to say I've secured two cords of wood to be delivered Thursday and at a good price. I have been able to finish spreading the bark mulch I started before I left. (The wife did a good deal of spreading while I was gone.) And yesterday I climbed the ladder up to the very tippy-top of the greenhouse to scrape off the last of the old seam tape. Ah, stretched out over a ladder for several hours... and now my left calf is not cooperating; indeed, it is complaining loudly.

So, it is one of those days, forced into multiples of flexing exercises. And with accounting a symptom of inactivity, I thought it best to deal with some long overdue correspondence.

Yes, the exhibit in Chicago:

Last I wrote we were still waiting to install. All went well and it was joy to work in tandem with my friend and former professor. Once we were in the gallery, we had the show up in about six hours. His part took two; it was mine that required the extra time, partly because of the intricacies of spacing, but mostly because of considering the order of the work so as to make the "read" more available to the viewer.

So, without further ado, here's what it looked like:



The top photo is my part of the room. The second is my friend's work on opposing walls.




I am guessing all of the photos can be enlarged so as to see them/read them better.

In short, the people who own the gallery said it was one of the better shows they've had in some time. They also thought the opening was well-attended. Everyone involved seemed pleased and the response from gallery-goers, old friends and strangers alike, was very complimentary. I have been invited back to do another project at another one of their spaces in two years.

And now to make hay, strike while the iron is hot, etc. But first, this fucking leg...

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like an excellent result -- good!

    Yes, you can click to enlarge. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dave. More folks coming by this week, or so I've been told. I believe I've mentioned before that the people who run this small space have a significant presence in the art world, which can't hurt.

      Delete
  2. Excellent. Two years? Umm, another coyote? Luck for the leg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two years is a drop, TM, provided I haven't by then. A coyote redux isn't a bad idea. Something permanent and sustainable. After all, the next place is rural. Something I know a little about.

      Ah, and a small miracle! I woke up and the leg no longer hurt. A little stiff, I highly recommend an ointment called Traumeel. Don't usually go in for the homeopathic stuff but this really works. A bit pricey but worth every penny.

      Delete
  3. Switched computers and had to go back to my old laptop for this link. : o )

    Glad to hear that the show went so well. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete