Friday, July 26, 2013

No photos

In other news, the turkey hen crossed the road and went into the woods with about eight poults. (That's right, Google spellcheck, "poults.")

I was taking a nap in the dungeon when the wife called from upstairs. I grabbed my camera but was too late. My count might be a bit off as well.

Another nap was in order when I came home from town today. I had some sinus issues, I imagined caused by whatever was constituting the haze beside and along with the wheat harvest. I medicated and as I sat down on the couch and propped up my legs, decided to check email one more time. Here is was just shy of quitting time for state employees and my friend from ODA was letting me know some burns were about to commence.

Tough. I needed to sleep. Yet, I did stand back up and have a look northward, just to get a bearing for later.

I have just returned from "later." I thought to maybe photograph the fields with some long shadows falling. The big bales of hay looked nice in the rolling fields but I drove on.

I came home skunked. Must've been far off the roads.

So, you get these from yesterday:



And this one from a whole two weeks ago:


I rather like this last one.

I wish they'd get crackin' on more fields cracklin'.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like the fire comes up pretty close to buildings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Within five, six feet sometimes. Yet accidents must be pretty rare as I've not seen one. From being close, I can tell you these fires are extremely hot and I wonder how they don't ignite some buildings. Must rely on wind direction. Then again, these fires flare up big and burn out in a matter of a few minutes.

      Delete