Friday, October 12, 2012

Oddities

Grass field burns yesterday and day before. The latest I've seen, but given the air quality from the forest fires, understandable. That and today it's raining for the first time since early July.

Found a stupidly bingo-ish PLO full table. Apparently they're regulars to this game nightly. Variance is massive but I'm still making fake money by the worthless hand fulls.

And speaking of "nothing," I have another essay published. If you've thought others esoteric, just wait until you read this one.

And I've gone ahead and started putting away the firewood. The pile is tarped right now, but I kinda amazed myself yesterday by enduring several hours of hauling and stacking. And my back hurts just a little.


4 comments:

  1. That Patrick Collier guy talks funny. I wonder if Bastian follows his drift. More fun watching Spot run though. Run Spot run.

    Question: Do you see the same person all the time in the mirror?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost scared to read thr essay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ken - This coming from a programmer... There are parallels, no? Although I know nothing of programming, I would imagine C++ is used for different tasks than when you need COBOL. Addressing the many concepts that play into the notion of what constitutes art requires the same flexibility. The great thing about arts writing is that I get to explore ideas beyond first impressions/thoughts.

    I spend just enough time in front of a mirror to shave, and then that's only a coupe times each week.

    MOJO - Just in time for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I minored in English in college. However, the language used in the link was unfamiliar to me. Of course, that is the same observation I make when Ken P starts speaking tech talk and I assume that he is referencing some distant European culture or the like ...

    ReplyDelete