Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Always already nascent

An early morning again. I seem to become a dedicated night owl. In bed by 2200 hrs, awake no later than 0300 hrs, more often earlier, napping off and on during the daylight hours as my mind demands.  The quiet is nice.

Well, there is the sound of the fan on the pellet stove and Brian Eno's "Neroli" to fill in the holes.

The job search continues and builds as I consider other options to throw at the prospectives. I may do better by proposing seminars. After all, who needs to hire someone so long-in-the-tooth to teach beginning skills when there are plenty of beginners willing to teach it? And I just so happen to have a couple proposals in my bag of tricks.

Still, I find it mildly amusing that I pursue my mark-making process began some twenty years ago, apparently not quite ready to move on as evidenced by the purchase of more ink, paint and brushes, excited, even, by white ink.



The two above are small, 5" x 7". Below, 11" x 14". I have an order in for 14" x 20", and again, I'm quite excited with the prospect of working larger.  But not too much larger, for I'm not certain I'm ready for a much larger format, and the cost is prohibitive should I not be able to salvage a piece after a few wrong marks.

In situ (in progress)


No comments:

Post a Comment