Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Test

We had our first frost last night, evidence still on the ground at 0900h in the bright sunshine and heavy dew. Similarly, my wife is returning today from five days in Southern California.

She has been visiting her parents, helping both in her father's recovery after surgery two weeks ago yesterday. I was supposed to leave today to pick up where she left off, but it seems they have had enough of company for a while and want their time alone with their familiar dynamic. I know the feeling.

That was Tuesday. As of tomorrow I'll be on my own again for three more days. The cat and dog will be here. She's off with a friend who is visiting, leaving me to my devices and duties.

I have a gopher trap that I have not checked in several days. There are three more working their way through the close paddocks and around the barns. I must get to them.

I have brush to burn and compost to turn.

I bet the winter squash are ripe and greens ready to be picked.

I may get around to cleaning my studio.

And then she'll be home again.

I bet I'm forgetting something.


No comments:

Post a Comment