Thursday, October 27, 2011

Drama

I really should be doing something else. A lot of else.
I remind myself that two cups of coffee are daunting.

Two left feet, walking around on bloody ankles,
a rug would give me traction, if not pulled out.

I am not alone in self-sabotage, no doubt a trait universal to humans, at least to some degree. Truth is, a lot of good is coming my way and the alter-ego feels left behind. He does not want to belabor the major exhibition in the spring, or the early interest it has generated. He defers to caution.  He wants to hide. Fear is always easier.

It may be the coffee. It may be that the sun tells me I should be outside.

Here's the deal: the website needs to be redone. It has been long in coming and if you were to see my files, you would understand the sifting required in the mound. And, somewhere on this messy desk are notes to make the task easier.

Easier. I am readily distracted by formal considerations, even though I choose which ones are crucial. Believe it or not.

Excavated Mound

I have been working toward this my whole life, and with that comes a history. I suppose jitters are allowed.


No comments:

Post a Comment