Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Book preview

I've gone ahead and done it, ordered the tell-all book by my step cousin. Half price, mind you, online. Read the reviews, all five stars. Salacious stars, no doubt, for this tale of love between step children, she of early blossom and the male drinking age.

And her mother still with us...

And the reviews speak of a sequel.

"She writes lovely letters," so says another relative.

"I've been meaning to tell you for several weeks that the book has been published," says my mother. "She's having a signing this week at the deli," and another one is in the works at the hotel over in the county seat.

"And why would you want to buy the book, Mom?"

"To help her out."

"To encourage her."

I was there for some of it and I can tell you she wasn't picky... at least regarding which step-brother. It was just a matter of which one was the wiser of the two.

Not that I am completely innocent. Well, in fact, I was innocent, as in thirteen years old, but also with those surges. Well, not exactly surges, for it seemed constant, or at least embarrassingly inconvenient in that tight pants were all the rage. No telling what had I copped the feel I bargained for but failed to acquire as that other brother would not kiss her first.

I suppose I should be grateful. For my mother's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment